Why Thakurji is fond of Mor-pankh?
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 15 April 2006 :  23:31:14
Jsk,

All of us know that Shri thakurji is fond of Mor-pankh.

But why Thakurji has given it place on His crown,
What's the story behind that?

Jsk n Regards,

Monica.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica.

jigershah

215 Posts
Posted - 16 April 2006 :  18:20:03

jsk

peacock being most beautiful bird is still considered unattached to the maya

and away from physicall attachment to the female pehen

mayur pankh represents all three satvik rajsik and tamsik bhava

all three bhavs towards thakurji  of the bhakts

are accepted by the lord as decoration of his head

jsk

Go to Top of Page
dadaji

240 Posts
Posted - 16 April 2006 :  20:49:26

Jay Jay Shree Gokulesh,
Morpankh is symbol of nishkaambhaav.
I heard a story in our stsg that at the time of Ramavtar, Shri Ram with Sitaji and Lakshaman were for vanvaas. After some time Sitaji was feeling very thursty ,but there were no signs of water nearby. Then suddenly they noticed a peacock(mor) and mor requested Shri Ram that he wanted to take them to a lake, He gave the permission.Then aage mor and pichhe all three…..!!!! They reached to the lake and Sitaji drank water.
As mor is not used to walk so much distance in the continuous path i.e.it always stops in between so when reached  the lake it was about to dye due to over-exertion . Ramji was very touched on the mor’s gesture and gave ashirwad to mor that in His next pragtya of Purnpurushottam swaroop Shri Krishna, He will wear morpankh on His mastak. Thus Prabhu gave honour to mor’s nishkaam bhakti, because the mor only thought of Shri Sitaji’s sukh and Sitaji was the most special for Ramji. Ramji had samarthya of producing lake at that moment but to give importance to the bhakta he did this leela.

Haripriya.

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 17 April 2006 :  20:38:05

Jai Shree Krishna

Very very informative, Haripriyaji.

Also, During Pratham milan of Shree Mahaprabhuji and Shree Thakorji, when seva was established by Shree Vallabh, as desired by Shree Thakorji, the first Shree Mastak Shrungaar offered to Shreeji bawa was that of a paag with Morpankh on it.

The very first mala offered to Shreeji bawa was the Gunja mala.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
kaveeru

104 Posts
Posted - 18 April 2006 :  18:17:02

Jai Shree Krishna

Hey Monica you asked very good question.. I also want to know about this question.. And know I got it. Dadaji you have expalined very nicely...

Shreekantji I need to know about "Gunja Mala" ... why we are offering this.. I have heard one story about this Gunja Mala.. I don't  know this in proper way but ..but then also I can try to tell you that..

One of the vaishnav was doing the seva and one time he forgot the gunja mala to our thokorji and then Our thokorji was not "Aaroge" the bhog afterwords he recognised that the ginja mala is not there...

I do't remember the full story but I had heard this when I was a kid..Please can you explain me this in briefly..

Thanks

Jai Jamunaji

Kavita..

Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 18 April 2006 :  20:51:08

Jai Shri Krishna,

A few words from a slightly different perspective...  please excuse errors made due to ignorance and kindly point out any clarifications or corrections for the same.

The mor-pankh (Peacock feather) also represents Brahamacharya... pure celabicy (vairag, renunciation, etc). Thakorji is a pure celibate of the highest calibre - He never engages in sansar and is never effected by His own Maya, although He utilises the services of His Maya (There are many types of Mayas - His energies).

Hence it appears that He enjoys everything, He is a pure Vairagi (Renunciate)... as he is never attached to anything... Outwardly He may show that He is enjoying (such as His kingdom, citizens, parties, married life, chappan Bhog etc) but inwardly He is totally detached. Hence, the scholars have said that the mor-pankh is a subtle indication of this element also.

Best Wishes
jagdish

Edited by - jagdish on 18 April 2006 20:53:53

Go to Top of Page
friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 18 April 2006 :  22:21:14
JSK ,

Thank you all Vaishnavs for ur contributions to clarify my query.

So many reasons and facts are pointed out ,

if some more facts are known then please express ur views.

JSK n Regards,

Monica.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica. Go to Top of Page
friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 18 April 2006 :  23:07:54
JSk

One more addition,

What is the significance of Thakurji's Bansri?
Why He likes that only music device?

JSK n Regards,
Monica.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica. Go to Top of Page
jigershah

215 Posts
Posted - 20 April 2006 :  10:35:12

jsk

bansari is swamniji swroop

i was explained once that eight items that thakurji accepts represents

eight sakhis of thakurji  bansari, chadi,  gunja mala, mayur pankh ,van mala ,kamal  and two other items has skipped my memory  please forgive me for that

jsk jiger shah

Go to Top of Page
jigershah

215 Posts
Posted - 20 April 2006 :  10:44:29

jsk

the two other items are noopur and chibuk

jsk

Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.859s