Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
jayvinbhatt
Mover & Shaker Member

394 Posts
Posted - 21 April 2006 :  17:19:19

Jai shree krishna

This is just a suggestion i know it could be practically hard to do it and we shoudl be great ful for what is here.....

But if we coudl also include on the site either the addresses or different vastras, shrungars (pictures) which i think is in one of the books in gujrati so the vaishnavs from overseas who dont have access to all sources can check what vastras and shrungars are available and if there is any possibility of buying thought pustikul.

thanks

Jay

Jay Bhatt (JAI SHREE KRISHNA)

shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 22 April 2006 :  17:12:32

Jai Shree Krishna

Jaydeep bhai, the proper and exaxt sources for Vastra, Pushtimargiya shurngaar etc. are very limited.

In terms of Shrungaar.... Paag, tipara, etc. are available, but the Malas, vastras etc., are most often not upto the satisfaction at all.

To give you an example... in Mathura, one of the hubs meeting the various shrungaar requirements, there are only 3/4 shops that sell good acceptable Pushtimargiya Shrungaar, that too limited to Paag, mukuts etc.

Most Malas availble are strung to gether using metal or wire components, and not thread, as is our requirments. Then again there is this issue of what kind of beads etc. the shrungaar availble of the shelf is of plastic beads.

With Pushtikul.com being an exclusive Pushtimarag site, to arbitarily provide such leads, and if one were to Buy the various requirements having faith on Pushtikul site, it would lead to gross injustice to the Vaishnavs.

However, if there are specific requirements, any one can email the same to me, and I will do what best is possible with in my availalbe resources and information.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
soni
Entry Level Member

38 Posts
Posted - 23 April 2006 :  20:33:52

jai shri krishna, jayvin bhai . there is a website where you can get some things online. http://www.pushtistore.com/

though also as shreekant bhai said above: Pushtimargiya shurngaar etc. are very limited. etc.

jsk

kalindi

k.soni Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 25 April 2006 :  20:40:02

Jai Shri Krishna,

just following from Jay bhai's suggestion.... a thought arises so i feel it is relevant to share it here.

i think it would help cultivate and nourish the bhavnas of vaishnavs if there was a dedicated section on Shrungar/seva, etc.. with relevant various pictures and descriptions, bhavanas, etc.

We don't need to recommend any supplier, but atleast this way the vaishnav can be inspired to, perhaps create their own shrungars and make their Thakorji happy (even if it is in manasi) .

Best Wishes
jagdish

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  14:04:16

Jai Shree Krishna

A good sugesstion Jagdish bhai. However, it is not right and not  suggested in our seva riti for a Vasihanv to provide guidelines on seva and Shrungaar to another Vaishnav.

Ideally. A Vaishnav ought to seek all and any andvice regarding seva from his/her Gururghar only, and also perform seva accordingly.  As regards to Shrungaar, well, the overall bhaav is very simple, that of Gopijan. Anything and every thing we offer, we ought to keep in mind Shree Thakorjis sukh, and choose shrungaar acordingly only.

For example, one can find many varieties of Gheredaar (frilled) vagahs (dress) in almsot all shops at Mathura, Shreenathji, jatipura etc. however, if one were to look behind the vagah, one can find that a stiff material is used to get proper shape of the dress, and this material is quite hard if carefully felt by teh fingers. One is not advised to offer such dresses to Shree Thakorji, as these while may look extremely presentable on the outside, the inner stiff lining material most certainly causes lot of discomfort to Shree Thakorji. Hence use of such desses ought to be avoided.

Also many abhushans availble are all made of plastic beeds, the use of such ornaments can again lead to a lot of discomfort to Shree Thakorji.

Further, most of the mugats have a ring like unit along its base. To offer such a Mugat to Shree thakorji, can once again lead to lot of discomfort, as the ring come under direct contact of Shree Thakorjis Shree Ang.

Hence the Shrungaar we offer to Shree Thakorji must be carefully selected, keeping in mind Shree thakorjis sukh.

jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  17:22:20

Jai Shri Krishna

Bhai thank you for these kind words  and for the encouragement filled guidance regarding seva.
These are the kind of intricasies and minute details that we need to bring out in such satsangs.

Since i don't have such level of experience, i am only suggesting that we have a place for such discussions where information can be made easily available for reference and strong emphasis should be given, as you have done, to seek guidance from one's Gruru-Ghar and to always keep in mind the comfort of Shriji Bawa.  This was also part of the reason i mentioned that vaishnavs can get inspired and create/make their own vastras and abhushaans, etc.. this way they would ensure that they use the best available materials.

The discussion area can contain descriptions as you have given, such as Gheredaar, Vaghas, etc along with appropriate images for the same.

In the meantime, i would like to give reference of the pustak which has been kindly donated to me:

Shree Jivanesh Prabhu (Porbandar) Krut
Seva Kunj - Shri Navnit Priyaji (Nathdwara), Gharni nitya tatha varshotsav seva pranalika
Prakashak: Shri Govindrai prabhu Pushti Granth Prakashan Trust

i can try and scan pages that i feel are relevant from the pustak and post them if anyone is interested.

Best Wishes
jagdish

Go to Top of Page
kaveeru

104 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  18:57:11

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Shreekantji for this explaination. I always confused with all such things. what should we offer to thakorji.. Because some vaaga looks so beautiful but its not fit properly i always think about this what to do.. but now I got a proper guidance..

And again I want to ask you that please let us know the same in details of seva that which kind of vastra shoud we offer and shrangar.. because you know i was doing many mistaks in seva.. now I got it some of it.. I have some querries regardirding this,

that I am using wax to stick the shrangar ... shall we use wax or not? I dont no but for mugut I am using...

and again I want to know that... I heard that, we offering the malaji to thakorji and they should not be knot behind.. but without know how can we do shrangar.. just let me know the answers...

And Jagdishji that will be very helpful for scanning the pages from the book.. We get the proper guidance for the seva....Because many times what we like we do the seva.. we don't know is it correct for our thokorji or not..

Thanks

Jai Jamunaji

Kavita..

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  18:59:07

Jai Shree Krishna

Jagdish bhai, The Seva Pranilika is a very personal guide to seva. Pushtikul.com is all said, ano pen site accessable by any one and every one. Considering the open access of information at the site, I would not personally recommend such easy access to the Seva Pranalika. However, It is an excellant idea to have the pages scanned and may be one could forward the same to interested Vaishnavs to their e-mail. That way  the vaishanvs will be benifitted and also the Pranalika need not be so openly publicised.

Also, even to follow the pranalika, one has to seek permission regarding the same for ones Gurughar.

Further, the Pranalika that you have mentioned belongs to the Pratham peet, and is the pranalika followed at Shree Navneethpriyajis haveli. Not all Gaadi follow the same seva pranalika, there are fine differences in the pranalika of the various gaadis/Gurughars, and one should follow the pranalika of their own gurughar or as per the guidance of their Guru/Gururghar.

My sincere apologies is I have said anything out place or if my above observations have hurt anyone.

kaveeru

104 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  19:10:53

Jai Shree Krishna Shreekantji

You are right that it should not be scanned.. it is very personnal.. But if we want to learn something then how can we learn about this..

Ok instead of scanning if we discuss the "Seva Reet" .... I think it will be very helpful ...

Just let me know the details... I just want to learn some seva prakar so that I can improve my mistakes..

Thanks and Sorry for that I suggested to scanned.. ....

Jai Jamunaji

Kavita...

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  19:12:34

Jai Shree Krishna

Kavitha ben, Wax or moum is very much used in seva. As rightly pointed out by you it is mostly used for Shree Mastak Shrungar (Head gear)

However, this is not pure wax as it is but is a mixture of Chameli oil, wax etc. Usaully this available at all shrungaar shops, and can be used in seva. However, only required amount Moum ought to be used , if used in excess, it looks messy and also at times can spoil the abharan/ornaments. 

Yes, we do not knot the malas. What is done is the two strands are held together and twisted so that they hold to gether. While a knot forms a hard lump which can hurt Shree thakorjis Shree Ang,  twisting of strands feels very soft . Further, when Shree Prabhu moves around, and the Shrungaar actually settles down, a tied up knot will restrict the postion of the particular mala, were as  twisted strands offer that extra leverage for the mala to stretch a wee bit, if the need be.

Edited by - shreekant22 on 26 April 2006 19:15:21

kaveeru

104 Posts
Posted - 26 April 2006 :  19:23:27

Jai Shree Krishna

Thanks Shreekantji for details.. I also have heard that we should not apply direclty wax or moum on Shree Ang (body) of our Thokorji.. Means we should not apply directly wax on Shree Mastak there sholud be some vastra on that .. I don't no exactly in details but just want to know.... ??????

Thanks

Jai Jamunaji

Kavita...

Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.887s