Printer Friendly Version
Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 25 April 2003 :  10:28:43
Please explain the bhavna behind Thulasi dal in seva. Why do we place thulasi dal near Thakurji in seva. When to place this and also how many ?

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai

anpur
Pushtikul Elite Member - July 2003

349 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2003 :  15:10:50
jai shri krishna, please post your answer. Reeta Patel

Reeta Patel Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2003 :  02:54:10
Jai Shri Krishna, Requesting Shreekantbhai please post answer and also inform what is thulasi dal? Vasant

Vasant Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  22:11:24
Frankly, I have not read a answer for this in any Pushtimarg book. My understanding of it obtained in satsang with other vaishnavs is that Thulasi dal is kept just before Raj bhog, at the two feet of Shree Thakorji. This is done as the smell of thulasi is liked by Shree Thakurji. Also dal - The two leaved sprouted tip, symbolises of ever freshly flowing, never dying bhavs towards Shree Thakorji. Jai Shree Krishna

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  22:36:26
Jai Shri Krishna, What is Thulasi? please explain hope not refering to Tulsi. Also which dal give details Are these two diff items or one?? Get details. Vasant

Vasant Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2003 :  22:57:31
Thulasi = tulsi dal = tulsi dal I Regret the confusion caused and offer my sincere apologies to one and all who have misinterprested it to be anything else other than TULSI. Jai Shree Krishna

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
bindi
Pushtikul Elite Member - February 2004

225 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2003 :  02:35:01
JAYSHRIKRISHNA Vaishnavs, My understanding is befroe Rajbhog we do Thakorji's charan sparese & with Tulsidal in hand recite Brahmasambandh mantra, as a rememberace of our total samarpan in front of shri gurudev. bindi

bindi Go to Top of Page
anpur
Pushtikul Elite Member - July 2003

349 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2003 :  14:43:42
Jai shri krishna Tulsi dal means Tulasi with manjar. Before Rajbhog tulsidal is placed at the charankamal of thakorji and recite brahmasambandh mantra in front of HIM. Reeta Patel

Reeta Patel Go to Top of Page
friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 22 March 2006 :  19:53:43
Jai Shri Krishna !!
I know one story that I think can help to clear above topic ,

There was one demon ( rakshash ) Jalandar , son of Samudra ( sea )
He was also brother of Ma Laxmi.
Lord Vishnu killed Jalandhar becoz of his ill-acts
Vrinda ( Tulsi) was wife of Jalandar and she was great bhakt of Lord Vishnu
So she asked Lord Vishnu to bless him and always keep her with him.
Thus Tulsi got the vardan and is with Thakurji ( Swarup of Lord Vishnu ) as she is priya to Him.
So this is also the reason why Tulsi is used in seva and why Thakurji takes food ( aroga ) only after offering Tulsi.
Correct the incident if some thing is wrong.

JAISHRIKRISHNA!!

Monica.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica. Go to Top of Page
kaveeru

104 Posts
Posted - 23 March 2006 :  19:56:22

Jai Sree Krishna to all,

I asker the question related to Tulsi only that what is Tulsi vivah then Anjuji copied and paste it one store So I will also paste it here..

Tulsi Vivah On the twelfth day of the bright half of Kartik this feast is celebrated. Jalandhar was a famous warrior. By defeating the gods he had made his fellow demons happy. Vrinda was his faithful wife. Because of her virtue Jalandhar had become invincible in the three worlds. The gods tried to find a stratagem to defeat him. They deceived Vrinda with the false news that her husband had been killed in battle. The severed head and body of two monkeys were put in front of her, and she believing it to be her husband’s dead body was plunged in grief. Then a sadhu came and by reciting some mantras he joined again the head and the body, and Vishnu looking exactly like Jalandhar stood in front of her. Think-ing in her excitement that it was her resuscitated husband she embraced him. But then realizing her mistake, she lost her virtue for having touched the body of another man. And after Vrinda had lost her holiness Jalandhar was really killed in war. When Vrinda came to know the truth, she was wild and cursed Vishnu, “Your wife will be taken away from you and you will have to ask help from monkeys to recover her.” This curse was literally realized when Vishnu took avatar as Rama. After this Vrinda prepared the pyre for her husband and jumped into the fire. The practice of a widow burning herself with her dead husband is known as “sati”. Vishnu was very sorry because as a result of his deceit the poor widow committed suicide. He remained like mad sitting at the side of the pyre. To remove his madness the gods planted three trees in the cremation ground, a tulsi (holy basil) an “avala” (Phyllantus emblica), and a “malti” (jasmine). Of these three trees the “tulsi” became very dear to Vishnu because like Vrinda she is endowed with all qualities. Even though by mistake, Vrinda had for an instant believed Vishnu to be her husband. Therefore when Vishnu took avatar as Krishna , Vrinda took avatar as Rukmini, and on the 12th day of the bright half of Kartik they got married. On this day the special place where the “Tulsi” is kept, known as “Vrindavan”, is smeared with cow dung. Sugarcane is buried in it, and “avale” (fruits of the avali” tree) and wet “chinch” (fruits of the tamarind tree) are put on it. Round the vrindavan a pandol is raised with sugarcanes. Then while reciting stanzas, the marriage between the “tulsi” and the idol of Vishnu is performed, and “lahya”, “kurmure” (parched rice) and pieces of sugarcane are distributed to those present. The Tulsi or Holy Basil is a venerated plant. Some people keep a tulsi in front of the house on a specially made stand called Tulsivrindavan.

I think Tulsi is one of the fav to the Shree Thakorji.. And we the bramhasambhand mantra we kept this with charan of Thakorji.

I think we are saying that  "Hu paapi chu hu das chu....."   " hu tamara charan ma mara badha karma samarpit karu chu.."  means i am giving him everything...

Jai Shree Krishna,

Kavita Wani.

Go to Top of Page
unnati

224 Posts
Posted - 04 April 2006 :  10:36:39

Jai jai shri gokulesh

This is also an artical related to this topic.........

Once Tulasi devi descended as the daughter of King Kushadraja. She was married to Jalhandara. It is said that Samudra deva the demigod controlling the nether regions had Lakshmi devi as a daughter (since she appeared from him at time of the churning of the ocean) and Jalandara (one who is born from water).

Jalandara was married to Tulasi devi and drew strength from her purity and chastity. So firm was her chastity that even Lord Shiva could not defeat Jalandara in battle and all the demigods went to Lord Vishnu for help.

At this time, Lord Vishnu went to Tulasi devi assuming the form of her husband, Jalandara. When Tulasi devi greeted Him, thinking Him to be her husband, her chastity was momentarily broken. Taking advantage of this the demigods killed Jalandara.

When Tulasi devi understood what happened, Lord Vishnu revealed His original form. An enraged Tulasi devi cursed Lord Vishnu for His stone hearted behavior to become a stone. Honoring His pure devotee, Lord Vishnu accepted this curse and promised to appear as the Saligrama shila in the Gandika river (now in Nepal). He also gave Tulsai devi the benediction that she will eternally reside with Him as His consort in Vaikuntha. He said that for the benefit of every one she will assume the form of a plant which will be most auspicious for anyone performing devotional service.

Thus devotees never offer anything to Krishna without a Tulasi leaf. He always adorns Himself with a Tulasi garland. The goddess of fortune, Laksmi, is sometimes envious of the Tulasi leaves which are placed at the lotus feet of the Lord, for they remain fixed there and do not move, whereas Laksmiji, although stationed by the chest of the Lord, sometimes has to please other devotees who pray for her favor. Laksmiji sometimes has to go to satisfy her numerous devotees, but tulasi leaves never forsake their position, and the Lord therefore appreciates the service of the tulasi more than the service of Laksmi.

Unnati Kadakia

Edited by - unnati on 04 April 2006 12:55:08

Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....Shri Vitthala Nam Vina Mantra Kya Thi Paou......Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....

Unnati Kadakia

Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.984s