Disscuss it all.
 Eight Dwars Of Shree Girirjji
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 01 August 2004 :  12:40:56
Which are the Eight Dwars of Shree Girirajji, what is their significance ?

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai

pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 06 August 2004 :  04:35:26
Jai Shree Krishna Shreekantji, Here are the Eight Dwars of Shree Girirajji and its significance: 1.Pratham Dwar (Dwar no 1) The First Dwar is Surbhi Shyam Tamal (Surbhi Kund). The main lila was of Bal-lila and Prabhunu Aang is "Shravan" and the Shringar bhav is of Gwal-Paga In Sarasvat Kalpa Vrajvashi were enticed by Krishna to do Govardhan Puja and Shree krishna held Shree Girirajji for Seven Days (Saat divay Govardhan girirajji Dhariyo. In this episode all Vrajvasi were pardoned from seven aparadh. Indraji when realised the error ,came and donated Surbhi Gaya (cow) and Airavaat Hathi (elephant). Once Nandraiji and Vrashbahnji came to do Girirajji Parikrama with the family members. As Krishna was a Balak Yasodaji left Krishna with Madhumangal. And Vrashbhanji left Radhaji at her house. At night the two swaroop missed each others company. Krishna left Madhumangal in his sleep and joined Radhaji at Surbhi Kund where they played Chopat. Lord Krishna lost the Chopat game and had lost all his cloths and shringar. In the end Radhaji asked for Krishna's Bansi, which thakorji refused to part with, hence the game came to end. They decided to go home, but Radhaji refused to return any winnings to Krishna but gave him "Nila-umber" to cover His body. Thakorji wraped the Nila-umber and went for snan in Surbhi-Kund. Swaminiji then repented and realised her "Jeed" and She gathered all the cloths and Ornament (Shringaar) in a little potli and asked Lalitaji to return it to Lord Krishna. Lalitaji then went to Surbhi-Kund and put all the Vastra and Shringaar on Krishna and was pleased to serve Lord in this way. 2 Dwij Dwar (Second Dwar) The second dwar is Mansi Ganga. Shringaar darsan is of Fenta. Main Lila is Raas Lila. Prabhu nu Shri Aang is "Udaar". The Legend of Mansi ganga Dwar is that after assisination of Vatsasoor Daintiya, Thakorji was told that he has done a "dosh" (sin) and to repent from this Dosh-nivruti he has to bathe in water. Thakorji then created Mansi Ganga and then had snan in this Mansi ganga. This way he became "sudh". In Vraj Shree Nathji resided for 191 years on Girirajji. The mansi Ganga was in round shape. To depict this occassion, vrajbhakto on Dashera during Diwali Utsava, in Nathdwara in Kamal Chowk,raised a round tree and put at least 191 Diva in circular form arround the tree to depict Mansi ganga and the do parikrama. In Vraj vaishnava do Mukut darshan of Girirajji and then go to Mansi Ganga and do Darshan of Girirajji who resides in Mansi Ganga jal. Here there is also Hardevji's temple(Mandir). I will post rest of the dwar tomorrow as I had to leave my computer and go to meeting. Regards Jai Shree krishna Pushtidas

Dasa no das Pushtidas Go to Top of Page
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 06 August 2004 :  05:38:13
3.Triju Dwar (Dwar No 3) The third dwar is known as Govindswami Kadam Khandi.Also known as Airavaat kund. Shringar is of Teparo and main Lila is of Hindora lila.Prabhunu Shree aang is Natra (eyes). Nitya Lila is of Shree Damaji and his swaroop is of Bhamaji in Kunj. I have not got any more details on this third dwar and I hope someone out there can elaborate on this Dwar. 4. Chothu Dwar (Dwar no. 4) The fourth dwar is Anyoor. Shringar is Kulha and main lila is of Nekunj Lila.Prabhu nu Shree Aang is Harday (Heart).This Anyoor Dwar is in Jamnavata. In sarasvaat kalpaa, Shree Nathji had first Anakut in Anyoor. He gave darsan as Sahastra Bhuja and demanded food from Vrajbhakto by saying,"Aaan aur" which was vraj bhasa meaning please give me more. Since then this place is called "Aaan aur" and as time went by this word changed to Anyoor, hence the name of the place. At anyoor Shree nathji in 1549 had Davdaman, i.e Pragatiya was declared and Shree Mahaprabhuji climbed the Girirajji and as soon as He set his Charnavind on Shree Girirajji, the thrill of Shree Vallabh's sparsh (touch)made Shree Girirajji quiver so where ever Shree vallabh set His foot ,Girirajji became soft and melted into Shee Mahapabhuji;s lotus feet. This then made an imprint of Shree Vallabh's charna vind. So this Charan Chinah on the silaji is at the present resides in Mathureshji's Mandir (Temple) and give darsan as Shree nathji. 5.Pancham Dwar (Dwar No. 5) The fifth Dwar is Parasoli Chand Sarovaar. Shringar is of Pagh. Main Lila is of Maan Lila and Go-Charan lila and Maan Lila. Prabhu nu aang is Mukharvind. On Chandra sarovaar from Sarad Purnima till Chaitra Sood Punam, during Sarasvat Kalpa, Thakorji did 6 months raas. Shree Mahaprabhuji lended Divya Netra to his Neej Savak, and these nej bhakto were able to do raas darshan.Shree vallabh also gave aagna to one vaishnava to do Girirajji's three times parikrmma without stopping.This way the Vaishnava was able to do Shree Girirajji Paanch (FIVE) swaroop darshan. At this place we have "Surdas Samadhi Sthaan", and Kumbhandas ji's baithakji. Next three dwar will be posted late Jai Shree Krishna. Pushtidas

pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 08 August 2004 :  01:15:33
6. Sashtah Dwar (Dwar No 6) The Dwar No 6 is Rudhra Kund. Main Shringaar is of Sherra.Main Lila at this dwar is of Ankut Lila. Shree Tahkorji's Shree Aanga is of Shree Haast.At this dwar Chattarbhujdas does the kirtan. Thakorji is resting as Yugal swaroop and in saraswaat Kalpa sakha Subhu was play sakha at that kund,and this Suhal sakha's lila swaroop is of Sushila Sakhi. Here in the Kund was of Prabhu Hastak Malbhog Lila. 7. Sapta Dwar (Dwar no 7) The seventh Dwar is called Aapasara Kund. The main Lila depicted was Janma Lila and shringaar lila is of Dumala. In aapsara kund, Chattarbhujdas of ashtha sakha group, shree nathji did Krupa and he was able to do an alokik darshan of Aapasara Kund Yugal swaroop Raman rus lila. This Lila was very unusual and unique and Chattarbhujdasji saw Thakorji giving Swaminiji a very sensual hug. All this happened to Chattrabhjdas because he was asked to gather flowers by Shree Gusainji. Prabhu's aang is Kati. 8. Ashtha Dwar (Dwar no 8 ) The Dwar where Astchap Shre Krushnadasji does the kirtan and the Dwar is known as Bilkuch Kund. Main Shingaar is of Mukut and the main lila is of Raas lila.Madanmohanji did Vanu-naad and did Raas lila.Prabhu's aang is of Charan. This Girirajji's dwar is under Shyamtamal Vrax (tree). Jai Shree Krishna Pushtidas

shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 22 August 2004 :  11:15:50
Jai Shree Krishna Thankyou for your elaborate reply Pushitdasji. the information provided is really informative. While you have described the rahasya leela of htese locations, What I meant by there significance was the significance of them as eight dwars ?

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 29 August 2004 :  13:16:15
Jai Shree Krishna The Eight dwars represent the Asht sakhas of Shrijibawa. And it through these dwars that they attained nityaleela. Now for the second part of the question, which dwar represents which Sakha?

Hitesh

176 Posts
Posted - 29 August 2004 :  17:56:52
jsk Shreekantbhai,and all bhagvadiya vaisnavs, 1/Surbhi kund - Mukhiya sakha Shri Parmanand dasji,te nitya lila ma Tok skha ane chandra sakhi nu swaroop che.Temni baal lila ma vishesh asakti che, ane aa sthan Shri Giriraji nu sravan sthan che. 2/Mansi ganga - Mukhya sakha Shri Nand dasji. Te nitya lila ma Bhoj Sakha ane Indulekha sakhi nu pragatya che. Temni vishesh asakti Ras Lila ma che,ane aa sthan Shri Giriraji nu Oodur sthan che. 3/ Airavat Kund pase Govindswami ni kadamkhandi -Aa dwar na Mukhya Sakha Shri Govindswami che. Te nitya lila ma Shri Damasakha ane Bhama Sakhi nu pragatya che. temni vishesh asakti Hindola Lila ma che. 4/ Anyor - Aa sthan na mukhiya sakha Shri Kumbhandasji che. Te nitya lila ma Arjunsakha ane Vishakha sakhi nu pragatya che. Tem ni vishesh asakti Nikunj lila ma che. 5/Chandra Sarovar - Aa sthan na mukhya sakha Shri Surdasji che. Te nitya lila ma Krashna sakha ane Champaklata sakhi nu pragatya che.Tem ni vishesh asakti Gowcharan lila ma che. 6/Rudra kund - Aa sthan na mukhiya sakha Shri Chatrabhujdasji che. Te nitya lila ma Subahu sakha ane Sushila sakhi nu pragatya che. Tem ni vishesh asakti Ankoot lila ma che. 7/ Apsra kund upar shyamtamal nu vrax - Aa sthan na mukhiya sakha Shri Chittswami che. Te nitya lila ma Subal sakha ane Padma sakhi nu pragatya che. Tem ni vishesh asakti prabhu ni Rasyukt lila ma che. 8/Bilchu kund - Aasthan na mukhiya sakha Shri Krishna dasji che. Te nitya lila ma Rushabh sakha ane Lalita sakhi nu pragatya che. Tem ni vishesh asakti Ras Lila ma che. I hope Shreekantbhai this has answered your above question, plese correct me if i am wrong. Jsk to all vaisnavs, Hitesh.

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 30 August 2004 :  11:10:17
Jai Shree Krishna well done hitesh bhai, good answer

friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 20 July 2006 :  11:12:50
Jai Shree Krishna!!

In one of Bhajan I heard,

"Is Girwar ke nau darwaje daswo bhakti thet, mhara Shreeji Baba Seth , Dau DayaluSeth mhane to le chalo e wala gaulok me thet."

So what's that 9th dwar? . Becoz in this topic only 8 dwars are very beautifully explained.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica. Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 20 July 2006 :  12:38:44

Jai Shree Krishna

Monicaji, The kirtan refers to the Navadha bhakthi as the nine dwars. Shree Mahaprabhuji, through Pushtimarg, blessed us jeevs with the tenth bhakthi, which is wholistic and superceeds the Nine types of bhakthis - the tenth bhakthi  -  Premlakshana bhakthi - The BHAKTHI MARG IN WHICH WE SEEK SHREE THAKORJI SEVA AT GOLOK DHAM.

A very nice kirtan. Please be kind enough to post the entire kirtan and also the name of the kirtankaar.

friendmonu
Mover & Shaker Member

280 Posts
Posted - 20 July 2006 :  17:25:33
Mhara Shreeji Baba Seth , Dau Dayalu Seth
mhane to le chalo e wala gaulok me thet

Gau lok main gayo ghaneri gopiyo anek
jin bich baithe Nandlalji wasu karso het !1!

Mor mukut pitambar sohe gungar wala kes
do nayno bich kajal sohe kripadrushti to dekh !2!

Is Girwar ke nau darwaje daswo bhakti thet
mhara Shriji baba seth Dau dayalu seth.. !3!

Kunj kunj main hain fhire Radhika
bhakti main rakho tek !4!

Mhara Shreeji Baba Seth , Dau Dayalu Seth
mhane to le chalo e wala gaulok me thet

Jai Shri Krishna!!

I don't know the kirtankar. Actually my cousin Grandma use to sing it.
So I to got it by heart. It's sung in vraj shaili.

Jai Shree Krishna!!

Regards,

Monica. Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.812s